Night shifts for a digital terrain model in Frankfurt
Lidar data acquisition and generation of an elevation model
In April 2015, the city of Frankfurt mandated BSF Swissphoto with an airborne Lidar acquisition of Frankfurt city including the airport. With a point density of 10 points/m2 an area of 314 km2 has been scanned.
A special challenge has been represented by the fact that the high air traffic in Frankfurt did not allow for day operations. Due to this reason the data acquisition has been realized during night.
An important customer requirement was the avoidance of shadings and invisible areas. This has been realized by cross flights as well as by high sideward overlaps of min. 50%.
- Lidar data acquistion of the whole urban area including a defined buffer
- Classification of point cloud into 8 classes
- Calculation of 3D point cloud in local coordinate and height system (UTM32/DHHN92)
- Delivery of required products and formats
- Quality control and documentation (meta data, technical report)